Am 24.11.2013 23:39, schrieb Michael Bayer:

On Nov 24, 2013, at 7:33 AM, Sibylle Koczian<nulla.epist...@web.de>  wrote:

Hello,

I'm using SQLAlchemy 0.8.3, psycopg2 2.5.1, Python 3.3.3 on Windows 7,
PostgreSQL 9.3.1. No change to SQLAlchemy and psycopg2, update from Python
3.3.2 to 3.3.3 some days ago.

the error is emitted by psycopg2 so I’d try a full reinstall of psycopg2 first.
  SQLAlchemy uses various psycopg2 extensions and switches that may be part of
why a standalone test doesn’t produce a problem.  Didn’t see anything on the
psycopg2 tracker.

Done, but without effect. Reinstall of SQLAlchemy also without effect. My Linux VM has older versions of everything (except PostgreSQL); no problem there, but I don't think that tells us anything.

Will use py-postgresql for the time being.

Thank you,
Sibylle