i'm looking at moving some raw sql in twisted to SqlAlchemy and have a
question.

I have a multi-threaded twisted daemon that tends to generate a lot of race
conditions on a few tables that are frequently hit.

I get integrity errors from something like this :

     domain = """SELECT * FROM domains WHERE ....""
     if not domain :
            domain = """INSERT INTO domain VALUES ....

the fix was :

     domain = """SELECT * FROM domains WHERE ...."""
     if not domain :
            try:
               savepoint = db.savepoint()
               """INSERT INTO domain VALUES ...."""
             except psycopg2.IntegrityError :
                  savepoint,release()
                  domain = """SELECT * FROM domains WHERE ....""

is there a way to catch an integrity error like this with SqlAlchemy ?

i'm trying to get away from directly using psycopg2, it's getting too
annoying to maintain raw sql.