Hi,

I am using SQLAlchemy version 0.7.6 with pyodbc to connect to MSSQL 2012.
Currently I am using SQLAlchemy only for its connection pooling etc. So, at
the moment I only use the engine.execute function to execute string
queries.

Weirdly, the following query seems to have no effect at all:

          SET NOCOUNT ON;
          SET ROWCOUNT 10000
          WHILE 1 = 1
              BEGIN
                     DELETE from MyTable where MyDate = '20111130'
                  IF @@rowcount < 10000
                      BREAK;
              END
          SET ROWCOUNT 0;
          SET NOCOUNT OFF;

Running the above query using pyodbc directly, works. But with SQLAlchemy
it has no effect. There is no error thrown, just a silent failure to
execute.

I enabled ODBC tracing and I found this:

python  -c "imp 85bc-7d4c EXIT  SQLDriverConnectW  with return code 1
(SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO)
  HDBC                0x000000000057B770
  HWND                0x0000000000000000
  WCHAR *             0x000007FEF8CB8F08 [      -3] "******\ 0"
  SWORD                       -3
  WCHAR *             0x000007FEF8CB8F08 <Invalid buffer length!> [-3]
  SWORD                       -3
  SWORD *             0x0000000000000000
  UWORD                        0 <SQL_DRIVER_NOPROMPT>

However, the above was also present when I ran the query through pyodbc
only. So, this probably indicates a more general problem with the set up,
rather than something particular with SQLAlchemy.

Any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks