I've got a two tables I'd like to create a relationship for. One is the
object, and another tracks versions.

Here's a gist with the setup:
https://gist.github.com/deontologician/8744532

Basically, the object doesn't have a direct reference to the current
version stored in the table. Instead, the current version is defined as the
maximum version that points to that object.

I'd like to have a one-to-one "current_version" relationship, but this has
proven difficult (at least in 0.8.4). The primary goal is to allow using
the joinedload options to control populating the current_version field, but
that only works when a relationship is defined and is non-dynamic.

Any hints as to how to get this to work like I want?