Yeah sorry I missed that. conversion is an attribute on Measured_Source.
So the intent is that a Production_Load is a Load with its own additional
attributes over Load as well as a constraint that its source is a
Measured_Source which has its own attribute extensions over Source. One of
the goals here is to add that constraint enforcement. I was able to make it
work with the following hybrid_method and hybrid_method.expression, but the
isinstance(Production_Load.source, Measured_Source) enforcement is missing.
Eric

{{{
class Production_Load(Load):
    __tablename__ = 'production_load'
    __mapper_args__ = { 'polymorphic_identity':'production_load' }

    id = Column(Integer, ForeignKey('load.id'), primary_key=True)
    top = Column(Numeric, nullable=False)
    bottom = Column(Numeric, nullable=False)

    @hybrid_method
    def delta(self):
        return (self.top-self.bottom)*self.source.conversion if self.source
else None

    @gdelta.expression
    def delta(self):
        # not sure about the performance here
        return
(self.top-self.bottom)*select([Measured_Source.conversion]).where(Measured_Source.id==self.source_id).label('delta')
}}}