On Feb 12, 2014, at 4:07 PM, Claudio Freire <klaussfre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But, if you want an executemany that works in psycopg2 as it would in
> pg8000, you can PREPARE and then executemany the EXECUTE queries.

I’ve worked a lot with pg8000 including that I’ve given them very broad
architectural changes towards the goal of greater performance, but still as a
pure Python driver unless you’re using pypy, it still has dramatically more
overhead than psycopg2 on the Python side.  So it’s kind of a tossup if
“prepared + pure Python” vs. “non-prepared but very optimized C” is better in
individual cases.