Hi,

Lately I've been spending a lot of time improving some SQLAlchemy
extensions. I'd appreciate any feedback for the new features I've made.

Some of the stuff I've been working on:

* Generic relationship support has been added for SQLAlchemy-Utils:
http://sqlalchemy-utils.readthedocs.org/en/latest/generic_relationship.html.
This is yet another implementation of polymorphic associations pattern
(http://techspot.zzzeek.org/2007/05/29/polymorphic-associations-with-sqlalchemy/).

It would be very nice to see this kind of implementation in the core of
SQLAlchemy some day. What is still needed for the generic_relationship is
support for dependency processors and support for different loading
strategies.

* I added full support for PostgreSQL range data types for SA-Utils:
http://sqlalchemy-utils.readthedocs.org/en/latest/range_data_types.html. To
be able to handle these datatypes in pythonic way I also created a separate
package for handling interval objects on the python
side: https://github.com/kvesteri/intervals

* Some new database
helpers: http://sqlalchemy-utils.readthedocs.org/en/latest/database_helpers.html

* http://sqlalchemy-searchable.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ - Humanized
search string parsing for PostgreSQL full text search vectors

* Lots of new features and tweaks for
SQLAlchemy-Continuum: http://sqlalchemy-continuum.readthedocs.org/en/latest/,
one especially useful feature is the ActivityPlugin
(http://sqlalchemy-continuum.readthedocs.org/en/latest/plugins.html#module-sqlalchemy_continuum.plugins.activity)

which uses the generic relationships of SA-Utils.

Also thanks Mike for all the hard work you've put into SA 0.9! I love all
the new features in the 0.9 series.

- Konsta