I'm trying to make a many-to-many relationship using sqlalchemy 0.9 and
postgres

If I put a unique constraint on the join table, and I add a duplicate, I
get an integrity error.
If I change the collection class to set, it won't double commit, however a
set prevents me from using things like order_by.

In my scenario, I'm massively multi-threaded and so the check-before commit
methodology won't work (proven it breaks with 24 processes).
Is it possible to get a nice elegant solution to this without defining a
custom collection_class?

I believe this is a regression (enhancement?) from version 0.8, but on 0.8
I was using mysql and now I'm using postgres.