In the documentation for sqlalchemy.orm.column_property, there is a section
explaining the *active_history* flag. It is very terse. I think it is very
useful but just cannot think of a scenario where I would ever want to use
*previous* value when I'm setting a new value. Could someone use plain
language to explain it a bit more? Thanks.

(I sometimes find reading SA documentations is like reading Bible, you know
the content is good for you, but you cannot easily figure out how. Group
study really helps:)