>The data comes in unordered and sometimes contains duplicates, so there's
a UniqueConstraint on Entry on sub, division, created.

Have you tried pre-processing the list first ?

I've had similar situations, when dealing with browser , user and app
analytics.

I normally do a first pass to restructure the raw log file and note any
'selects' i might need to associate the records to; then I lock tables,
precache the selects, and do all the inserts.  the speed pickups have been
great.