On Mar 27, 2014, at 5:51 PM, Dustin Oprea <myselfasun...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Direct example:
>
> def direct_test():
>     import MySQLdb
>     conn = MySQLdb.connect(host='db.host.com', user='abc', passwd="def",
> db="ghi", port=3307)
>
>     conn.autocommit(True)
>
>     c = conn.cursor()
>     c.execute(query)
>
>     print(c.fetchone())
>
> Result:
>
> (1L,)

One thing I don't understand is, does your *actual* stored procedure need to
call "SELECT @@AUTOCOMMIT"?  because that may be part of the problem.

Above, SQLAlchemy has no direct support for "conn.autocommit()", which is not
part of the DBAPI - you can enable this if you want using an event, but it
would be better if commit() just worked as expected.

I would try removing the "conn.autocommit()" part and just try calling
conn.commit().     That would reveal whatever bugs are in play, and I'd look to
see if a DBAPI like mysql-connector-python, which is now the official MySQL
DBAPI, has the same problem.

if you really have to turn on this non-standard feature on, it needs to be
across the board for that particular engine, and would be like this:

from sqlalchemy import event

@event.listens_for(engine, "connect")
def conn(conn, rec):
    conn.autocommit(True)