I'd like to avoid that, if at all possible. that was actually a solution to
an earlier thing i had a few weeks ago!

I'm fine with doing suqueryloads instead of joinedloads or hitting the
database multiple times.

with my current design... building another query where i need to specify
loads will be too much of an undertaking.  the only shortcut i could take
would be constructing the query by pulling the session out of the object,
then piping in the object's id as the filter... and that would just be too
messy.