thanks mike. i know it's a vague question, but that just the point: i don't know the answer because it can be both :)

let me clarify: assuming the application can be self hosted (in our ift), hence also multi-tenancy can be used for multiple clients. if not, the same codebase would run in the client's server space, in which some rules will does not comply - as a "core client database" will not be available, as an example.

assuming that i have a lot of clients in our self hosted platform, i could enable multi-tenancy, but can i query or join between different databases?

fyi, the server is postgres 9.x

thanks a lot,
richard.