Sayth Renshaw wrote:
> The part I am not understanding though is what does SqlAlchemy want my
> data to look like to be an acceptable format.
>
> I know how to create my models and db in SqlAlchemy and though I am a
> beginner at etree can use it but can't find examples to see what my end
> goal should look like.

SQLAlchemy doesn't define a data format. It's a tool that allows you to
define your own interfaces and formats. You probably need to read one of
the excellent tutorials. Most likely you're trying to use classes mapped
using SQLAlchemy's ORM which allows great flexibility in defining an
interface to your data.
<URL:http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/tutorial.html>

Alternatively, you may be trying to use SQLAlchemy's expression language
to generate INSERT or UPDATE statements more directly, in which case read:
<URL:http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/tutorial.html>
--
Jonathan Rogers