On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Mike Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:

> Well you can get at the names that were used in the DB (using Inspector,
> or reflection) as well as the names that are in your metadata ([constraint
> for constraint in table.constraints for table in metadata.tables.values()],
> but as far as matching them up I'm not sure, it depends on what patterns
> you can find in the existing DB that you can use.   maybe you can write a
> script that guesses, then it spits out a list of oldname->newname, then you
> can manually correct it.

Heh, very few patterns to be found, sadly.  I could easily create a tabular
set
of data that would allow me to map names to the type of constraint and hope-
fully that would be enough for me to run through them all; the biggest
issues
I suspect will be the multi-column constraints along with the primary keys
(since it seems that MySQL uses 'PRIMARY' for the name of the constraint
and I'm not even sure that's changeable (been putting together a test data-
base to try it out on)).  But I'll see what I can hack together. :)

- Ken

> On 7/2/14, 6:08 PM, Ken Lareau wrote:
>
>   So, in my ongoing quest to make my team's operations database far more
> sane than it currently is, I want to fix all the constraint naming in the
> database
>  to match the naming convention setting I have added to my SQLAlchemy
>  configuration for the database.  I could of course go through each table
> and
>  determine each by hand, but I was wondering if there was a less manual
>  (and error-prone) way to approach this, possibly via the autogeneration
> feature?  In case it matters, the database server is MySQL.
>
> --
> - Ken Lareau
>
>     --
>

>  --