if you want to make a simple pull request that just adds a keyword argument
“comments” to Column and Table (including some basic tests, probably in
test/sql/test_compiler.py for now), we can add that in.   The more elaborate
stuff with __doc__ and declarative, I definitely don’t think __doc__ and
SQL-level comments should be linked together unconditionally.  At most for
that, for people who really want that, I’d offer some recipe or if it’s more
complicated, then an extension.

the other side of SQL comments is of course reflection of those comments.
That would need work too.    then it can even impact migrations and alembic!
so, this starts small but can go on and on :).