I have the following code:

class Horse(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'horse'

    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    name = Column(String(150), index=True, unique=True)
    color = Column(Integer)
    sex = Column(Integer)
    foaled = Column(Date)
    skip = Column(Boolean, default=False)
    sire_id = Column(Integer, ForeignKey('horse.id'), index=True)
    sire = relationship('Horse', foreign_keys=[sire_id])
    dam_id = Column(Integer, ForeignKey('horse.id'), index=True)
    dam = relationship('Horse', foreign_keys=[dam_id])
    state_born_id = Column(Integer, ForeignKey('state.id'), index=True)
    race_entries = relationship("RaceEntry", backref='horse',
                                cascade_backrefs=False)
    claims = relationship("ClaimedHorse", backref='horse',
                          cascade_backrefs=False)

 I am trying to have sire and dam link to Horse

I get when I run and assign to sire or dam:
TypeError: Incompatible collection type: Horse is not list-like

What's the correct way to do this?

thanks,
Ed