On 2015-01-02 12:55, Staszek wrote:
> On 2014-12-04 18:04, Michael Bayer wrote:

>>> I tried adding:
>>>
>>> use_unicode=0
>>>
>>> . Now I did this:
>>>
>>> charset=utf8&use_unicode=0
>>>
>>> and it helped again (we can process operations with Polish diacritics
>>> with no problem). Let's see for how long... This is Google App Engine,
>>> so Google is creating multiple instances of the app dynamically. Can
>>> this be an issue?
>>
>> the charset=utf8&use_unicode=0 setting is what I’ve been recommending for
>> all MySQL setups for years.
>
> The problem seems to have returned (no code change since, and the stack
> trace looks exactly the same). Is there anything else we might need to set?

After shutting down the instance (application restart) the problem is
gone. It looks that something is getting messy after some time.

Any ideas?

Before shutdown, I had a look at memory usage and it was like 42 MB
total. The instance age was like 29 days.

--
http://people.eisenbits.com/~stf/
http://www.eisenbits.com/