Well, the logic currently does this to determine if the type is a SQLAlchemy
type:

    elif mod.startswith("sqlalchemy"):
        prefix = _sqlalchemy_autogenerate_prefix(autogen_context)
        return "%s%r" % (prefix, type_)
    else:
        prefix = _user_autogenerate_prefix(autogen_context, type_)
        return "%s%r" % (prefix, type_)

so for the moment you’ll need to implement the “render_item” function as
documented in
http://alembic.readthedocs.org/en/latest/autogenerate.html#affecting-the-rendering-of-types-themselves.

https://bitbucket.org/zzzeek/alembic/issue/261/for-type-namespace-startswith-sqlalchemy
 is added.