Lycovian <mfwil...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to take the first steps to implementing a test harness for my
> custom dialect. The dialect in general works for basic functions
> (DML/DDL/SELECT) but fails a majority of the unit tests in the standard
> test suite as provided via the py.test framework built into the dialect
> boilerplate using requirements.py. As a first step I'm trying to figure
> out how to hold out all test but it doesn't appear to be possible?
>
> I's like to start with a "clean slate", and then turn the unit tests on
> one at a time as I fix them using something like the requirements.py file.
> I've tried by copying the sqlalchemy/testing/requirements.py file and then
> setting all of the exclusions to .closed() but a few unit tests are still
> being executed.
>
> Is there a way to turn off all unit tests in a dialect test suite and then
> turn them on individually as I resolve them? Or are there tests that don’t
> have a corresponding annotation that maps to the requirements.py file?

when you use nose or py.test, you can run specific tests or groups of tests.
For example, when I first write a new dialect, I usually start just with
“py.test test/sql/test_query.py” as those are the most basic tests. See the
section “Running Individual Tests” in README.unittests.rst. Also I’m
assuming you’re running just the dialect suite; README.dialects.rst talks
about this.