On 01/14/2015 11:40 AM, Mehdi wrote:
OK, I misunderstood the joining concept. if i do like below everything's fine:

session.query(MyTable).join(Given,Mytable.given_id==Given.gid).filter(Given.given.col_1 =="value")

But i wonder why sqlalchemy doesn't support query like this?

session.query(MyTable).filter(MyTable.relation1.col_a=="value")

I think an orm should works more object-oriented and pythonic rather sql-ish! why i have to use join while i already define relation in my model?

You can join a table in different ways, which need to be specified. You can join with less key strokes by:
session.query(MyTable).join(Given)
assuming you have the appropriate relationship's set up

On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 10:05:38 PM UTC+3:30, Mehdi wrote:

    Hi
    I am looking for a solution to make two separate tables(at sql
    defenition level) query-able at orm level.
    There is a give database which i have no right to change existing
    tables and i just add two tables to it which one of my tables have
    a column holding id value of a table in give db:

    classGiven(Base):
    __tablename__ ="given_table"
        gid =Column(Integer,primary_key=True)
        col_1 =...
        col_2 =...

    classMyTable(Base):
        __tablename__ ="my_table"
        id =Column(Integer,primary_key=True)
        given_id =Column(Integer)

    I've managed to fill *'given_id'* column with proper *'gid'* based
    on some conditions. but with or without '*given_id'* column, i am
    looking for a way to have *'Given'* model joinable and query-able
    by sqlalchemy. i.e:

    session.query(MyTable).filter(MyTable.given.col_1 =="value")

    I'm not sure how could i use hybrid property or any other way for
    this situation.
    Please help me.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sqlalchemy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com>.