I get the following error:
sqlalchemy.exc.IntegrityError: (IntegrityError) column id is not unique
u'INSERT INTO candidates (id, "timeStamp", name, link) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?)'
(u'ORaE9+aCdP0', '2015-02-16 18:
19:58.000000', u'Kunal Sethi',
u'https://gambit.mycompas.com/staff/apptracedit.aspx?enc=1&ID=ORaE9+aCdP0=&bk=reqmgr&rsbk=1&stat=')

The code is as follows:
 def updateCandidateTable(self, candidates):
     session = self.Session()

     for candidate in candidates:

         print "candidate in updateCandtable param: ", candidate.name

         # Notes:
         # Maybe the first call needs merge, but the
         # following ones are updating and I need an update?
         try:
             session.add(candidate)
             session.commit()
               except:
             raise

Help, I am fairly new to mysql alchemy.

I just need to add and update candidates, but have no clue how can the
column ID is not unique, since the code fails on the first insert.

Someone suggested that I call the code below, but then only the first
candidate was entered and the rest were skipped.

for record in records:
    try:
        with session.begin_nested():
            session.merge(record)
    except:
        print "Skipped record %s" % recordsession.commit()