I am using SQLAlchemy with PostgreSQL and Python3.

Is there a in-build-function to duplicate the instance of a data object
(except the primary key)?

Somebody suggested me this self-build function but I would like to use
the SQLAlchemy-way if there is one.

>From <http://www.python-forum.de/viewtopic.php?p=273016#p273016>

        def duplicate(self):
            arguments = dict()
            for name, column in self.__mapper__.columns.items():
                if not (column.primary_key or column.unique):
                    arguments[name] = getattr(self, name)
            return self.__class__(**arguments)