Hmm! in this case we must distinguish between the python syntax and the sqlalchemy syntax.:-(
On 30/03/2015 12:37, Simon King wrote:
On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Jose Soares
<jose.soa...@sferacarta.com> wrote:
Hi all,

While I changed some obsolete syntax as defined in
(https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/)
like (is True instead of ==True) also False and None.
I realized that sqlalchemy do not support them
What can I do to avoid this behavior?

print
session.query(Rischio.c.codice).select_from(Rischio).filter(Rischio.c.peso_gruppo
== True)

SELECT caratteristica_rischio.codice AS caratteristica_rischio_codice
FROM caratteristica_rischio
WHERE caratteristica_rischio.peso_gruppo = true

print
session.query(Rischio.c.codice).select_from(Rischio).filter(Rischio.c.peso_gruppo
is True)
SELECT caratteristica_rischio.codice AS caratteristica_rischio_codice
FROM caratteristica_rischio
WHERE false

I don't think you can. SQLAlchemy expressions define an "__eq__"
method to enable "expression == value"-style constructs. There is no
equivalent hook in Python for the "is" operator, so there is no way
SQLAlchemy could use it.

Simon