Hello,

First - amazing work on SQLAlchemy, what an amazing body of work.

Second, my question.

I'm attempting to convert a pure-python object, into a custom type for
column definition. My question is, do I need to keep my original
MyObj(object) and use it inside the process_bind_param/process_result_value
of MyObjType(TypeDecorator), or should I be able to get this to work with
just one class?

More:

I'm confused about the *arg and **kw passed to typeobj, in the
to_instance() function, from type_api.py...when those might conflict with
my object constructor's parameters.  My pure-python object can be entirely
represented by a single Integer.  Before I started "converting" my object
to a TypeDecorator, my object already had a constructor, which used the
first non-optional argument to instantiate it's value.  I inherited from
TypeDecorator, added a impl = Integer before my constructor, and self.impl
= Integer() inside the constructor, plus some one-line
process_bind_param(), process_result_value() and copy() functions.

...but I can't get it to work.

I can get it to build a table object, with my MyObj and MyObjType, but when
I try to assign a new instance of my object to the table's column
attribute, it doesn't want to commit.

...if anybody wants to have a look at my code, it is on github, organized
into a PR, https://github.com/Equitable/trump/pull/15 with links to the
files and line numbers.

Thanks for reading, and any tips.

BTW - this is my first project using an ORM!  Still getting up the curve.