On 4/1/15 1:21 PM, Simon Beertree wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have two classes, Product and Price, that have a many-to-many
> relation through a secondary table (see attached test file). I'm
> trying to delete all Prices that are not related to any Product. I
> would expect the last query in the file to produce something like
>
> DELETE prices FROM prices LEFT OUTER JOIN current_prices ON prices.id
> = current_prices.price_id WHERE current_prices.product_id IS NULL

SQLAlchemy has no support for this syntax.  See issue
https://bitbucket.org/zzzeek/sqlalchemy/issue/959/support-mysql-delete-from-join,
as well as the just-today issue
https://bitbucket.org/zzzeek/sqlalchemy/issue/3349/queryjoin-is-silently-ignored-within.

> I'm seeing this on 1.0.0b4 and on 0.9.8 with Python 2.7.3 on Debian 7,
> in sqlite as well as on MySQL. What am I doing wrong?
This syntax is a non-standard syntax specific to MySQL.  It will not
work in SQLite (see http://sqlite.org/lang_delete.html - no JOIN there).