yup, i know (this pattern) it is not ideal; i was just testing the new features of sa 1.0 regarding postgres (since i'm actually hands-on). i should rewrite a whole part of my model (and listeners and extensions and so on), which are already working with polymorphism.

i will change this pattern, but for now i had to know where i can go with those features to reach any other gain in postgres. i listed my steps in 1,2,3,4 so it's easier to spot where my mistake was (because i was sure it was mine).

:)

when i got the time this kind of implementation deserves, then i'll hook up on rewriting the model. thanks for the support and sorry if this wasted your time!

cheers,
richard.