On 4/25/15 6:05 AM, Юрий Пайков wrote:
Ok, I seemed to figure out how to deal with it -

row_number_column = func.row_number().over(
    partition_by=Recipe.id
).label('row_number')
 query = query.add_column(
    row_number_column
)
query = query.from_self().filter(row_number_column == 1)

Using an explicit column construct

OK, more like your original though you can still put the window function on the inside, and refer to it on the outside:

class A(Base):
    __tablename__ = 'a'
    id = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    field = Column(Integer)

s = Session()

avg = func.avg(A).over(partition_by=A.id).label('avg') # 'avg' label is optional, will be auto-labeled anyway

q = s.query(A, avg).from_self().filter(avg > 10)

print(q)

in the output, we can see that referring to "avg" the from_self() picks up on this and adapts it to the inner query:

SELECT anon_1.a_id AS anon_1_a_id, anon_1.a_field AS anon_1_a_field, anon_1.avg AS anon_1_avg FROM (SELECT a.id AS a_id, a.field AS a_field, avg(:avg_1) OVER (PARTITION BY a.id) AS avg
FROM a) AS anon_1
WHERE anon_1.avg > :param_1

суббота, 25 апреля 2015 г., 11:39:08 UTC+5 пользователь Юрий Пайков написал:

    Michael, thank you for you reply, I expected you to mention
    from_self :) I know about it, it is a handy trick indeed
    But I deliberately don't use it, because this way I don't know how
    to mention a column which I want to filter on
    This is due to the fact, that it is calculated i.e. there is no
    table to refer to!  I might resert to using
    literals("filter('avg_1>10')"), but 'd prefer to stay in the more
    ORM-style

    суббота, 25 апреля 2015 г., 2:37:11 UTC+5 пользователь Michael
    Bayer написал:

        On 4/24/15 5:25 PM, Пайков Юрий wrote:
        q = session.query(Recipe,
        func.avg(Recipe.field1).over(...)).join(...)
        I have a query which selects some mapped entity as well as
        other columns.
        I then refer to the name of that entity when working with the
        result of the query:
        for entry in q.all():
          recipe=entry.Recipe
        Now, I want to add filtering by some calculated criteria to
        my query, and so I wrap it in an additional query:
        q = q.subquery();
        q = session.query(q).filter(q.c.avg_1 > 10 )
        However, this way I can no longer access entry.Recipe! Is
        there a way to make sqlalchemy adapt names? I tried aliased
        and select_entity_from, but no luck :(

        this is getting into less reliable stuff, but instead of
subquery() -> session.query(q), use the from_self() method. It's designed to work this way, and your Recipe entity will be
        adapted into the subquery.

        I've observed that the vast majority of my users don't seem to
        get into queries like these, so from_self() is not as popular
        (or widely tested) as it should be, but it is at the base of a
        lot of widely used functions like count() and subquery eager

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/orm/query.html?highlight=from_self#sqlalchemy.orm.query.Query.from_self

<http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/orm/query.html?highlight=from_self#sqlalchemy.orm.query.Query.from_self>

        apparently it needs some documentation too :)

        Google Groups "sqlalchemy" group.
        it, send an email to sqlalchemy+...@googlegroups.com.
        Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy
        <http://groups.google.com/group/sqlalchemy>.
        <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sqlalchemy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com>.