Hello,

If there is documentation on this that I missed, please let me know.

I have code that worked fine when I was using a MySQL database. My
organization has switched to using MariaDB, which I was told was virtually
identical to MySQL. It seems can connect to a MariaDB db using the
following statement, which doesn't generate any errors:

    engine =
create_engine('mysql+pymysql://[user]:[password@[server]/[db]',
pool_recycle=3600)

Then the script tries to execute a simple select statement that worked fine
on MySQL:

    check_for_table = "SELECT * FROM tb_metadata"
    table_result = session.execute(check_for_table)

At this point the script throws an error ("sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError:
(OperationalError) (1045, u"Access denied for user XXX")"

Any ideas? I would like to keep using SQLAlchemy if possible.

Thank you,

Meg