On 2015-05-25 11:12 Mike Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com> wrote:
> CreateSession and sessionmaker do the same thing.  I'd lose one or
> the other.

Yes, I will do so.

> For the memoized thing, I'd use a decorator like Pyramid @reify or
> SQLAlchemy's @memoized_property, wouldn't bother with all those
> conditionals and such.

I am quite new to Python and not familiar with the decorator concept.
What do you mean with "memoized thing"? And why could the decorators
help me here?

> As for "the session would be destroyed/closed", I'd never rely on
> that,

I see. The link helped.
Of course the Gui-Dialog related to such a Controller instance will
call a SessionCommit() ('OK' is pressed) or SessionRollback() ('Cancel'
is pressed). So the controller instance itself call commit() or
rollback() on its session object.

Maybe you could implement a BasicController.__del__() to check the
state of the Session if it is commited or rolled back. I mean if
someone missed to call commit() or rollback() on int.
But I am not sure if it is possible to ask a Session object for things
like that. What do you think?

> that's a poor design, and it will lead to problems like
> connection pool overflows and deadlocks.

I understand that. I thought the Session object would be destroyed
automaticly when the controller is destroyed.
And I think the Session take care of itself to release the resources
while it is destroyed.