I have a very simple table and query. For some reason it hangs after a few
executions and I have to restart the application.

Code to set it up:

from sqlalchemy import (
    Column,
    Integer,
    String
    )

Base = declarative_base()

class User(Base):
    __tablename__   = 'users'

    id              = Column(Integer, primary_key=True)
    pname           = Column(String)

from sqlalchemy import create_engine
engine = create_engine('mysql+mysqlconnector://user:pass@server/database',
echo=True)
Base.metadata.bind = engine
from sqlalchemy.orm import sessionmaker
Session = sessionmaker(bind=engine)
session = Session()

The query I run is simply

session.query(User).all()

System:

   - Python 3.4.3
   - The database is a remote MySQL Ver 5.5.41-0ubuntu0.14.04.1 running on
   debian-linux-gnu on x86_64
   - MySQL Connector/Python 2.0.3
   - SQLAlchemy package: SQLAlchemy-1.0.5-py3.4.egg-info (I had the same
   problem with a ver < 1.0 so I upgraded but no improvement)
   - The clients are local, whether run on PC or Mac the problem is the same

Some observations:

   - After I run the query a few times, the program hangs.
   - If I uncomment the pname field, however, it seems like it will never
   hang.
   - If I replace .all() with .first() the program won't hang
   - The general log on the MySQL server shows that the server receives the
   query so the problem is likely on the receiving end of SQLAlchemy
   - The server runs a Wordpress too which continues to function even if
   the SQLAlchemy connection hangs
   - echo True or False makes no difference

Any ideas about this very weird behahior?

Thanks
Dr.