have you taken a look at this approach?

https://bitbucket.org/zzzeek/sqlalchemy/src/4a25c10e27147917e93e6893df13b2b55673e0a7/examples/versioned_history/?at=master

chers,
richard.

On 06/18/2015 08:44 AM, Adrian wrote:
I hadn't seen that part of the documentation - doing it that way works fine now! I ended up using a signal to update `revisions` automatically when setting `current_revision`:
https://github.com/ThiefMaster/indico/blob/f300c3b9dc8d499b4d745dee74edceff53e7ffb4/indico/modules/events/notes/models/notes.py#L159-L164
Is there any better way to do this or is that the way to go?

    I'd definitely advise doing it that way, that's the supported way
    to do
    a "favorite id" approach and is more relationally correct (e.g. not
    possible to have multiple "favorites").    It seems like you read the
    docs at

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/orm/relationship_persistence.html#rows-that-point-to-themselves-mutually-dependent-rows

<http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/orm/relationship_persistence.html#rows-that-point-to-themselves-mutually-dependent-rows>,

    so I'd give that a revisit and feel free to share the errors from
    that case.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sqlalchemy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com>.