On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Mike Bayer <mike...@zzzcomputing.com>
wrote:

>  how are you getting this Compiler object?  the .string element is created
> within the constructor.

It was actually as a result of trying to figure out how to use the code you
gave me for the psycopg2 percentile escaping thing:

from sqlalchemy.ext.compiler import compiles
from sqlalchemy.sql.expression import TextClause

@compiles(TextClause, "postgresql")
def _reverse_escaping(element, compiler, **kw):
    # I PUT THE stringification of 'compiler' here
    text = compiler.process_text(element, **kw) # should be
.post_process_text?
    text = text.replace("%%", "%")
    return text

> On 6/30/15 6:32 PM, Jonathon Nelson wrote:
>
> When trying to debug something, I tried to acquire the string
> representation of a 'compiler' object.
> I got this error:
>
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/sqlalchemy/sql/compiler.py",
> line 218, in __str__
>     return self.string or ''
> AttributeError: 'PGCompiler_psycopg2' object has no attribute 'string'
>

> It would appear that trying to acquire the string representation of the
> object (before instantiation) fails.
> :-(
>

>  --
>

>  --