not quite sqlalchemy related, but one of the best readings i've had about sql was "SQL Anti-Patterns": https://pragprog.com/book/bksqla/sql-antipatterns

it is not about how to do sql right, it's about not to do certain types of sql, lol.

On 07/23/2015 01:35 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jul 2015, Iain Duncan wrote:

I feel like I should really take up my db game for an upcoming set of
projects, and am wondering if there are any real standout books on db
design that fit well with the design philosophy of SQLA. Recos much
appreciated!

Iain,

  Read Joe Celko's books, starting with the latest edition of "SQL for
Smarties." I read his columns in Database Advisor and other magazines in the 1980s and have read and used almost all his books. You can't go wrong taking
the time to do it correctly from the gitgo.

Rich