Hi,

I want to get extra type information from a given column after performing a
query like the following:

results = engine.execute(text("SELECT a, b FROM Attributes"))

It seems the only way to really do this is to use cursor from
results.cursor.description.

Is this the preferred method, or is there a better alternative?

I ask because my database may have decimals larger than double precision, and
integers larger than 64 bits, and I'm confused as to what the call:
type(row[0]).

...would return in this case.

Brian