On Friday, August 14, 2015 at 5:16:48 PM UTC-4, Jinghui Niu wrote:

> If I still want to use SQLite, and I still need to do vertical partition,
> what can I do? Am I out of luck?

You can, but not with a two-phase commit.

Two-phase commit basically works like this:

- round 1, everyone locks-state and votes "COMMIT!" or "NOOOO!"
- round 2, if commit in round 1 was unanimous, it commits. otherwise
everyone is told to roll back.

Since SQLlite doesn't support that, you'd need to write that logic in at
the application level.