well, i'm sorry if i'm pouring could water on you but continuum never worked as expected (at least for me) and i always used history_meta for audit, which comes packaged with sqlalchemy as an example and is much more friendly if you need to add functionalities on your own :)

cheers,
richard.

link to it: http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/_modules/examples/versioned_history/history_meta.html

On 09/08/2015 11:24 AM, Piotr Dobrogost wrote:
On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 1:37:05 PM UTC+2, Richard Kuesters wrote:

| is your "A" class abstract and/or are you using them with polymorphism?

Thank you for taking time to look at this.
If by abstract you mean abstract as defined at http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/extensions/declarative/api.html?highlight=__abstract__#abstract then no, it's not abstract. As to polymorphism the answer is not so simple. Basically using this example I tried to depict situation which I believe takes place in SQLAlchemy-Continuum extension. This extension for every model creates another one recording all changes to the original one. Original models are polymorphic (and use joined table inheritance) and create simple hierarchy Node -> Content -> Document which can be seen at https://github.com/Kotti/Kotti/blob/9a8684c10fbb3c6fbf6b1265c86b732e1c416c4a/kotti/resources.py I'm not sure if models created by versioning extension (NodeVersion, ContentVersion and DocumentVersion) are meant to be polymorphic (supposedly as a consequence of original models being polymorphic) or not. Each of these models has "transaction_id" attribute mapped to "transaction_id" column in mapped table. The error is "sqlalchemy.exc.InvalidRequestError: Implicitly combining column contents_version.transaction_id with column nodes_version.transaction_id under attribute 'transaction_id'. Please configure one or more attributes for these same-named columns explicitly." By extending example from FAQ I wanted to understand under what circumstances could same-named columns be made to work.

Regards,
Piotr

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sqlalchemy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com>.