> On 23 Nov 2015, at 17:58, mzagr...@d.umn.edu wrote:
>
> Greetings,
>
> I'm new to SQLAlchemy - sorry if the answer to this question is obvious.
>
> I have a table with many fields.
>
> I've created the ORM mapping:
>
> Base = declarative_base()
> class CallRecord(Base):
> [stuff]
>
> I'd like to create the CallRecord object by passing a dictionary to the
> constructor. Is that possible?
>
> call_record = CallRecord(my_dict)
>
> Thanks for any help!

The declarative_base sets up an __init__ function that accepts initial values
as keyword arguments, so you can write something like:

  call_record = CallRecord(a=123, b=456)

In Python, you can call a function with keyword arguments from a dictionary
using the “**” syntax:

  args = {‘a’: 123, ‘b’: 456}
  call_record = CallRecord(**args)

Hope that helps,