Sorry, hadn't finished my morning coffee and this "registered" as a dict
ordering.

Without seeing code, it's hard to understand what is going on.  Here's my
guess:

* When you call the insert(), the `output_batch` is inserted into the DB in
that order.  This is expected and you should see that happen if your engine
is set to `echo=True`
* When you query the table, any table, the database is free to return rows
in any order it desires -- unless you explicitly pass in an "ORDER BY"
clause.

So you'd have to tell the database how to return the rows.  Usually people
will have a numeric `id` field that is a serial/sequence/autoincrement and
will order a query based on that.