if you're using Postgresql you'd want to look into replace():
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.3/static/functions-string.html

e.g.

query.filter(func.replace(MyClass.column, ' ', '_') == 'some_other_value')

though if 'someothervalue' is an in-Python value and your database
doesn't have underscores already, you might be able to get away with
just using Python replace on that side, converting from underscore to space.