Hi list,
Thus far, I've been using very basic database actions on a local
SQLite database as I've written the application. Now, though, I have
my GUI able to drive all CRUD operations, and I'm nearing the time
when I'll switch over to the actual system for which I've written the
app: the company's AS400, over a network.

I've installed ibm_db, but I also found something called ibm_db_sa,
claiming to be a package specifically for SQLAlchemy:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ibm_db_sa

The problem is, when I unpacked the file, it was just the ibm_db
package I'd already installed. I found an older version of ibm_db_sa,
but it was for Python 2.5 and is from 2013. What, if anything, more do
I need to get SQLAlchemy talking to a DB2 database than the ibm_db
package?

I'll also be talking to the database over a network; will that be a
problem? Right now it's within the same building, but eventually this
app will run on a virtual server hosted by Google and will still need
to be in constant contact with the 400. What should I know, if
anything, about remote servers with SQLAlchemy? Thanks in advance for
any help. I know DB2 isn't as popular as Oracle or MySQL, but I'm
hoping a few people here have used it.