On 02/09/2016 04:47 PM, Jonathan Beluch wrote:
Not sure about other DBs, but according to pg docs [1], it's preferred
to make a unique constraint (and know that you get the index for free)
versus creating a unique index.

I'm not seeing the word "preferred" in that document? It is actually simpler from a database introspection perspective to create a UNIQUE INDEX alone, the UNIQUE CONSTRAINT is redundant on the Postgresql platform.

Knowing this for pg, you can just do unique=True and get the constraint
and the index. I realize this is a very small implementation detail that
probably doesn't matter but wanted to surface it here in case it's
something you might want to change?

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/indexes-unique.html