On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:27:40AM -0500, Alex Hall wrote:
> I have pyodbc 3.0.10, ibm_db_sa 0.3.2, and ibm_db 2.0.6. I'm also
> talking to people on the ibm_db list, and they suggested I re-install
> ibm_db and ibm_db_sa according to the official tutorial, which uses
> easy_install. I did so, but there was no change.
>
> As to pyodbc, I'm fine with not using it. Thus far, from the two lists
> I'm on and more research, I thought I *had to* use it to get things
> working right. Indeed, when I remove "+pyodbc" from my SA connection
> string, the dbms_ver error goes away. However, it's replaced by an
> error that the driver can't find the DSN name I give it, even though I
> can see that DSN right in the IBM ODBC manager on this computer.
> Someone mentioned 64-bit versus 32-bit; I'm using the 64-bit version
> of the ODBC manager, and 64-bit Python. I'm not sure how else to tell
> if the name of the DSN itself is in the correct format.
>
> The traceback is very long, but here it is in full:
>
> c:\python27\python.exe DBInterface2.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
[...]
>   File
> "c:\python27\lib\site-packages\ibm_db_sa-0.3.2-py2.7.egg\ibm_db_sa\base.p
> y", line 666, in initialize
>     self.dbms_ver = connection.connection.dbms_ver
> AttributeError: 'pyodbc.Connection' object has no attribute 'dbms_ver'

This traceback is still the dbms_ver thing, did you mean to post the
other one?

In any case, when you're using a URI in the form of
"ibm_db_sa://user:pass@host/db_name", at least based on the example in
the IBM docs [1], I'm guessing that you shouldn't use the ODBC DSN you
have defined, but rather the server hostname or IP address directly.
In this case it should be using the IBM DBAPI driver directly, without
going through ODBC.

Cheers,

Michal

[1]: