Is this an oversight, or intentional?

Until I discovered duck_type_collection, I was using a custom function I
wrote that did basically the same exact thing, so I thought it was my lucky
day to find it already implemented in SQLAlchemy. But it looks like it
doesn't return the expected (by me at least, ha ha) results when given an
instance of sqlalchemy.ext.associationproxy._AssociationDict.

Is this working as intended?