Hi,

On 14/03/2016 15:19, Mike Bayer wrote:

On 03/14/2016 11:15 AM, 'Chris Norman' via sqlalchemy wrote:
Hi all,
I've tried googling for this, and I get nothing. I have a table to store
data about objects. Each object should have a location property which
links back to the same table. Conversely, each object should have a
contents property which shows all objects which have their location set
to this object.

documentation for multiple relationships to the same table is at:

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/orm/join_conditions.html#handling-multiple-join-paths

hope this helps

Thanks for the docs, however I've read this page loads over the past few days - since my google searches keep turning it up - and it seemed like the right place to be.

I can't find anything in there that helps me. This isn't to say it's not there, but my knowledge of SQL is fairly limited, and my understanding of things like the relationship function aren't very in depth.

Which bits should I specifically read to help?

Sorry if my questions seem a little stupid - as I say, databases are something I use rather than understand. Recently I've been using Django where everything is handled for me, so I'm still struggling to come to grips with relationships and how they're made up in the real (Django-free) world.

Thanks again.