On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 3:51:16 PM UTC+1, Simon King wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 1:43 PM, Piotr Dobrogost <
> p...@2016.groups.google.dobrogost.net <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> When executing below code
>>
>> DBSession.query(TextValue).\
>>         filter(Node.id.in_(ids)).\
>>         update({TextValue.value: appstruct['text_value']},
>>                      synchronize_session=False)
>>
>> I get this error:
>> OperationalError: (sqlite3.OperationalError) near "FROM": syntax error
>> [SQL: u'UPDATE text_values SET value=? FROM nodes WHERE nodes.id IN (?,
>> ?, ?, ?)'] [parameters: (u'zzz', u'1685', u'175', u'1688', u'180')]
>>

> I'm not sure if sqlite supports multi-table updates. Do you know what sort
> of SQL you are expecting to generate here?

I would expect "normal" UPDATE with WHERE clause. I'm not sure where does
FROM come from here as the new value is given explicitly and not to be read
from existing rows.

> (Note that your query appears at least to be missing a join condition
> between the TextValue and Node classes)

TextValue is a subclass of Content which is a subclass of Node.
Content declares this:
@classproperty
def __mapper_args__(cls):
    return dict(polymorphic_identity=camel_case_to_name(cls.__name__))

so TextValue and Node should be implicitly joined according to rules for
joined table polymorphism in SA.

Regards,
Piotr