On Wednesday 16 March 2016 02:24 PM, Simon King wrote:
On 16 Mar 2016, at 06:45, Krishnakant <krm...@openmailbox.org> wrote:

Dear all,
I have a challenge which is confusing me.
I have a table called voucher with the following field.
(vid, vdate,Cr) where vid is integer, vdate  is date and Cr is jsonb in
postgresql.
Can some one tell me how do I write an sql expression insert query
involving all the 3 fields?
some thing like con.execute(voucher.insert(),...) I don't know how I do
this.
In the documentation there are 2 fields id and data and it seems id is
auto_increment so inserting with only one field which is only json is
easy, but here I have 3 fields involved in the insert.
So how do I do this?
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.Krishnakant.
I’m not sure I understand the question. Here are the docs for INSERT
expressions:

http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/core/tutorial.html#executing-multiple-statements

you should be able to write something like this:

con.execute(voucher.insert(), vid=1, vdate=somedate, Cr=somedict)

Thanks Simon,
It works and I also got another problem worked out.

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.