Le vendredi 1 avril 2016 02:30:21 UTC+2, Mike Bayer a écrit :

> On 03/31/2016 10:38 AM, Mehdi GMIRA wrote:
> >
> >      >
> >      > 1) One limitation that i find to the scoped_session is that
> you're
> >      > limited to exactly one session by thread.
> >
> >     that's not true at all, make as many sessions as you want from the
> >     sessionmaker() inside of it (or just use Session())
> >

> > Yes but then you'd have to import explicitly the engine and
> > sessionmaker(), which seems a little bit awkward. What i meant is that
> > once you start using scoped_session instead of Session(), it becomes
> > awkward to create multiple sessions within the same thread.
>
> the session_factory provides this:
>
> session = my_scoped_session.session_factory()

Ok, I wasn't aware of this function. Thanks !

> >     i dont see any intrinsic issue with spawning threads inside a
> context
> >     manager any more than if you did so inside of an "if:" statement
> >

> > Isn't there a risk that you'd be passing objects that are
> > session-dependant to other threads ?
>
> Using a context manager for a block of code doesn't have any impact on
> what the code is doing with objects inside that block so I don't see how
> those two things are related.

I think I'm not being clear. What i mean is that If you only use a session
as a context manager, you don't have to think about Session() not being
thread safe, unless you're inside that context manager.
But since scoped_session has session_factory(), I think that as you said,
scoped_session is indeed the way to go if the application is multithreaded.
Thank you for your patience :)