I see that it's not on the web GUI either.  Yes, that's a google bug.

In https://support.google.com/groups/answer/2466386?hl=en , I click the "post and always allow future messages from author" button, same button I've been clicking for like eight years. Googling (heh) for any reported issue here doesn't immediately turn up anything. Feel free to poke around. I'll try to remember to press the "post" button individually first next time and see if it takes.