On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 11:22:32 PM UTC+2, Chung wrote:

> Ah thanks Mike; that makes sense.
>
> What we have is actually hundreds of different databases with roughly the
> same schema, with new databases getting created all the time live.  The
> table schemas for each database are also being altered live.  So I'm not
> sure we can get away with not reflecting the table schema per request; any
> request may be referencing any new database or any newly created column.
>  Possibly there's still something meaningful we can cache?  We will think
> about this.

That actually sounds like a situation we had. I think that if you attach
the connection/bind to the Session instead of to the Metadata, you can use
the same Metadata for several different databases, as long as they have the
same schema. Unfortunately, if you didn't set it up that way in the
beginning it can be painful to rework...

--
Martijn van Oosterhout